front wheel issue with my A77

Started Feb 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rob asnong Regular Member • Posts: 394
front wheel issue with my A77

Hi all,

after the wheel issues with almost every Axx model (also my A100 and A700), not yet my A580, much discussed here, now I have a bigger issue with the front wheel of my A77.

Today during a walk and after some 10k shots in total, the rubber ring round the front dial wheel broke and came to the outside. This rubber is just a kind of O-ring stretched around a metal wheel. The cam is as good as useless without it of course. So I have to sent the cam in for a repair. I hope not to miss him for weeks because I like the A77 more and more.
I have no idea why it broke.

I am afraid this is gonna be a more common problem the more shots will be taken with the A77's. This rubber ring is just too thin imo and not glued at all. So, when it breaks, it is over.

I want to share you this issue from a camera which I like for the rest very much together with my A580.

So, this O-ring is very very thin, is not even glued.
I will use my A700 now temporarily as my second cam.

best regards,

Rob

rob asnong's gear list:rob asnong's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha a99 +13 more
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A58 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow