Started Feb 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dresner
dresner Regular Member • Posts: 301
Before I spend my money...

Hi everyone,

Got myself an A77 16-50 and am enjoying the step up from PnS.

For the last 9 years or so I have used iPhoto but am looking for a better solution for PP and storage.

I am considering a Promise Pegasus Thunderbolt (the small one) for storage of my digital media.. aside from the price, seems like a great choice

But it's confusing which PP software package to choose. Trying out the demos of LR and AP I like the GUI and storage features. With LR, the GUI is a bit confusing out of the box, the storage is confusing... its it copying the file over or is it working on the original, etc. But I get much better results (without knowing what I am doing with either) with LR than with AP. Maybe I just don't know how to use AP and once I do, I can get the same level of results, but I would like to hear your opinion on which direction I should take myself in.

Thanks for your help

ps- then DxO crossed my desk today, more choices

dresner's gear list:dresner's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +4 more
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Prstl2 MOD
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow