This is what the A77 was made for!

Started Feb 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tesch Regular Member • Posts: 437
This is what the A77 was made for!

I shot an event last weekend in the Washington Cascades during a winter snow storm. The event is called Vertfest and it's a human powered race to the top of Alpental and then a ski or ride down some of the most challenging terrain in the Pac NW to the finish line. I've done the race myself before and it's one of the hardest things I've ever done. This time I was just taking pictures.

Shooting in this enviroment was a true test of the A77 weather sealing and durability. I snowboarded with the camera in my sling backpack and pulled it out when I need to take some photos. I fell back on the camera a couple of times in deep snow and did a endo (ass over elbows). By the time I was in the lodge the camera was dripping wet but the A77 was still performing great although a little fogged from the warm of the lodge.

Here's a link to my shots: http://www.schmedia.com/galleries/vertfest_2012/

Small, light and versitile....perfect camera for what I do!

tesch's gear list:tesch's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A500 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a7 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +6 more
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow