What's going to happen to 17"+ printers with Canikon 36MP DSLRs?
What do you think is going to happen to printer prices for 17 inch and larger printers now that 36MP DSLRs for under $9000 are becoming a reality? Epson sells their bigger printers about $200 below cost to vendors but makes it back in ink sales. I don't think that model's going to change so therefore I believe the prices will remain the same. However I think there will be some serious innovation in the 17" and larger segment causing for some competition between manufacturers.
I'm sure Epson/Canon & HP are thinking of all the 36MP DSLR owners as a "penetration rate" similar to cellular carriers thinking of the percentage of the population with cell phones. I think there's going to be some great innovation in the large format print industry soon.
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Feb 21, 2012|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%