need recommendation for entry level fluid head
Recently I started shooting video with my NEX 5N camera and plan to get a fluid head for smooth pan and tilt.
Though for a lightweight camera like NEX 5N any head will do the job, I plan to upgrade my DSLR to a high-end APS model once it's available (e.g. the 7D successor), so the head had better be ready for that camera (with accessories like grip, a prosumer zoom lens like the 15-85, lightweight rod system with follow focus, weighing between 2.5+ kg in total)
Here are three candidates after doing some research on the web, and I would like to hear your opinions if you have used any one of them.
1. Manfrotto 701HDV (sells for 110usd in China). It has nice looks and is well built. Besides being a little too big, it has no obvious drawbacks IMO.
2. Velbon FHD-51QN (sells for 70usd in China). Also well built, but doesn't really look like a video head. It's more like a head for bird-watchers.
3. Weifeng 717 (sells for 50usd in China). Seems it's called fancier on amazon, whcih is really a fancier name I have seen lots of positive feedback on the web, but Weifeng is mainly targeted at compact users, so almost no serious amateurs use their products. However, this 717 could be an exception. BTW, I've read reviews saying that it's even larger and heavier than the 701HDV, is that true?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sadiqur_Rahman by Sadiqur Rahman|
from Ain't Going to Work on Maggie's Farm no More
|Airborne by John Beavin|
from - How to respect the Flag and Anthem - (Portrait in Full Colours + A Border)