For DLSR shooters curious about M4/3

Started Feb 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Marla2008
Marla2008 Senior Member • Posts: 2,419
For DLSR shooters curious about M4/3

I know many DLSR (both APS-C and FF shooters) are very curious about, or even tempted by, m4/3.

After lugging pounds and pounds of hefty bodies and mammoth lenses for years, it's only a natural desire to go smaller/lighter/less conspicuous.

I was in this position lately after I had to part with my beloved D700, and was left with the excellent D90, and rather dulled by the loss of FF. I'm a portrait shooter who does mainly toddlers (quick AF needed, manual focusing, forget it), and nearly maniacal about shallow DOF. Those two propositions meant that m4/3 was an audacious try for me, but I needed something new to spark my interest again. I saw a picture of the GX-1 on the Net (that was just prior to the OM-D annoucement) and just visually fell in love with it. I found a great price so pulled the trigger. Right out of the box the handling of the cam felt great and made me want to use it. After playing with the excellent 20/1.7 I found there was too much distorsion in the subjects faces, so switched for the 25/1.4 with Leica tag. What a beauty !! I love this lens. I dare say I can now achieve the same results in IQ I had with the D90, and over 95% of the D700 files.
I include a few pics for you guys to judge :
D700 :

D90 :

GX-1 :

Nikon D700 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow