Print Fulfillment questions - new to this

Started Feb 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mackitten Regular Member • Posts: 165
Print Fulfillment questions - new to this

Hello All,

Hope its ok to post here Im by no means 'pro' but figured this is where the folks that have experience with what I am asking would be

Short- thinking about slowly starting a very small side business to start - partly for artistic enjoyment/partly money to help supplement my love of technology such as cameras lenses computers software - been taking photos for years myself and have started to grow more and learn more and shooting RAW and PP etc... still tons to learn

I have so many questions business related that I am not sure where everyone goes to figure this out, do you have a mentor , do you just take the stuff you find online as fact, I am starting slow but want to get my ducks in a row, going to spend some time building a more varied portfolio while I also try to figure out the business end ...

One of my current thoughts is when I am at the point when I do a real shoot for a client, how do I decide how to deal with print fulfillment? I see some people use Zenfolio but then you are using who they use as print partners.

I dont know where they rate but I have personally ordered photobooks and prints from Adoramapix and been very happy with their products and services - is it correct or right to order prints from clients from someone they can order from also and then just charge a markup?

Sorry for my naivety I am getting really exited about this opportunity to do something I love finally but starting so late in life is a little overwhelming
--
warning: I enjoy photographing my cats

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow