SmugMug and accounting issues
Thanks...spent an hour with the CPA today...they know numbers like I know words and pictures. So we sorted it all out, entered into QuickBooks, and reconciled the bank account through 12/31/11. CPA consult will cost more than the sales tax due, but it's worth it to keep on the good side of my state revenue department.
I have my SmugMug set to deliver directly to customers...they collect sales tax on the total sales price, but not the shipping cost, so my accountant just has me ignore the shipping charges entirely and only worry about the sales price, the item cost, and SmugMug's 15% of profit.
Would be a heckuva lot easier if I didn't have the day job competing for my time...but the day job is still 99% of my income right now.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%