Adjusting iso on the P7100

Started Feb 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
André BARELIER Veteran Member • Posts: 7,295
Adjusting iso on the P7100

Id like to know if it is possible to adjust iso while keeping all the shooting info in the LCD.
Let me explain :

I have a Canon G11 (excellent compact camera). I'm leaning towards the P7100 (faster AF, longer zoom, same image quality in raw, and can be used with my SB400 flash).

With the Canon, I use A mode. I adjust iso using the dedicated wheel. So, if I'm looking at the LCD while turning that wheel, I can see iso changing, and speed increasing accordingly. Extremely handy. I increase iso when the shutter speed is too low to avoid camera shake, until I get a suitable shutter speed.

With the P7100, there is no dedicated wheel for iso. If I understand correctly, you can turn the left selector to select iso, press the button, and adjust iso using the LCD.

My question : let's suppose I'm pointing the camera at a subject. I can see the current settings on the LCD. If I press the selector button, does the camera replace the scene by a menu allowing to adjust iso, or does it still shows the scene, iso changing while I turn a control wheel ?
I hope I'm clear. Sorry if I'm not.
André

André BARELIER's gear list:André BARELIER's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D7100 Nikon D3300 +8 more
Canon PowerShot G11 Nikon Coolpix P7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow