How come no other cheapies like Nifty Fifty?

Started Feb 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
guitarjeff
guitarjeff Senior Member • Posts: 1,635
How come no other cheapies like Nifty Fifty?

How come Cannon hasn't made any sister cheap lenses to the nifty fifty? I would love to have a 100mm version, or a 18mm version, plastic mount, no IS, I wouldn't even care if they were manual focus. I just wish Cannon would help out the folks who own their SLR's who can't afford 400-1,200 dollars for a new lens. If they can make a Nifty Fifty, then they should be able to make the same thing in a 18 and a 100 mm versions, and cut down on the extras if they have to so it won't cut in to their high end lenses, like I say, even taking out AF. It wouldn't bother me a bit to manual focus a cheap Nifty Fifty style lens in a 100 and an 18 mm versions.

I just ordered an M42 adapter for my T1i and will get some of the M42 cheap lenses, but you have to do all the aperture figuring and all that hassle, it's just dissapointing that Cannon won't make some more cheapies for us like they did with the Nifty Fifty

Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow