How will Olympus sell any more EP3s?

Started Feb 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Guy Parsons Forum Pro • Posts: 29,603
Re: Guy.... then you made the right decision

Marty4650 wrote:

You already have exactly what you want.

It definitely seems so, but I could be tempted by a severe price drop in E-P3 later on.

The reason we have so many models and styles to choose from is that everyone doesn't have the same needs or preferences. For every person that hates the camera with the hump, there are probably two others who like it.

If you don't need any of those things, then you probably are better off picking up an EP3 when the price gets right.

In fact, I bet some folks will be selling recently purchased and gently used ones in order to upgrade to an OM-D. I know it sounds odd, but some folks will upgrade six months after buying a camera when something new comes out.
You could check your local craig's list too.

Yes, the always-something-new brigade does keep the wheels turning and gives lots of cheaper used cameras on the market.

In my case I keep things for a while, like my 12 year old Subaru wagon, debating right now whether to spend $$ on a new clutch or move to something new, but new does not appeal. Cars are definitely not what they used to be, full of gadgets that I never would use anyway - a bit like cameras.

Thanks again for the detailed list you made. It really helps with decision making to see what is important and what is not.

Regards........... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
odl
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow