How will Olympus sell any more EP3s?

Started Feb 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Louis_Dobson
Louis_Dobson Forum Pro • Posts: 27,493
Re: Pen still attractive

Amazing how many grumpy old gits (not you) who said they would never use a backscreen do so quite happily.

Me, I hate the blasted things. Where I shoot, you can't see it. You can't see anything , you need the blessed dark of the VF.

For snapshots I use the E-PM1. Backscreen a menace, keeping it in my pocket a boon. Swings and roundabouts.

They can sell the E-P3. It is a smaller camera, and that's a big virtue.

Guy Parsons wrote:

Marty4650 wrote:

I think the big news about the OM-D is that this is a substantial upgrade from the EP3, at around the same size and weight, but with a somewhat lower price.

For me the E-M5 holds no interest, too big (tall), I am fully converted to LCD use and the form factor of the Pens. Holding a camera to the eye looks and feels so un-natural now. Though I do have the VF-2 for emergencies.

So, if the E-P3 suddenly stops selling and the price drops to clear it, I'll be there with money. Or maybe wait until the next E-P model to see how many E-M5 features have flowed into it.

Regards........... Guy

Louis_Dobson's gear list:Louis_Dobson's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
odl
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow