How will Olympus sell any more EP3s?

Started Feb 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Marty4650
OP Marty4650 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,123
Thomas

tgutgu wrote:

I totally agree.

Olympus has a confusing product strategy since a long time. (PEN only product line, inconclusive feature distribution)

The EM-5 is the first move in a better direction.

Unless I am reading too much into this, I think this is a nice move back to Olympus' strategy of giving you more for less money. The actually had a fairly decent 10% market share when they were pushing E5xx two lens kits out the door for under $500, even if they weren't making very much money on the deal.

Up until now, the M4/3 marketing plan seems to have been "give the customer less, and charge them more." I see this OM-D as a move back to the direction of giving the customer good value, excellent features, and incredibly good build quality for their hard earned money.

Lets face it... after a dozen Olympus M4/3 cameras... this is the very first one to include an EVF And all the other features will probably send Sony, Samsung, and even Panasonic back to the drawing board.

Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
odl
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow