X10- Histogram Inaccuracy

Started Feb 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
cgarrard
OP cgarrard Forum Pro • Posts: 15,352
Re: Oh yes indeed? Maybe not...

So you're apologizing for the X10 by saying users must view raw then to get an accurate histogram reading? Sorry, that isn't a fix, its an admittance of the issue I brought up in this thread. You presenting a workaround is not a fix. And who's to say that work around does work every time?

Most histograms on cameras that I've used (and there have been way too many) that only display a white/grey graph histogram (what you call luminescence only) show a sort of average of all 3 RGB values so that you can keep any of the 3 channels from under or over exposing.

So yes there is a flaw here since the X10 does not do this. Not only does the histogram suffer from a flaw, the playback of the image on the LCD does also have a flaw-as I've stated previously in this thread.

Again I repeat: So if you are at all confident in the field about the exposure the X10 shows on the histogram and on the playback image, better think again when dealing with highlights.

http://photographic-central.blogspot.com/

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude; nothing can help the man with wrong one."
-Thomas Jefferson

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
LWW
LWW
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow