Some thoughts on the D800 vs. the D800E. Most of us better off with D800.

Started Feb 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
TITCHY Senior Member • Posts: 1,129
Re: Some thoughts on the D800 vs. the D800E. Most of us better off with D800.

I find sharpness and definition to be quite noticeably improved on the D800E ,and by contrast the standard D800 obviousely has the edge in a scene where moire is almost certain to occur .but I cannot see Nikon bothering to produce the "E" model unless they saw a genuine advantage to some photographers .

we are all judging moire by existing shots taken with other cameras without a filter ,and yes they are poor .but if you look at the readily full res sample published of a woman in a kamono with a radical hair-do ,that was taken with the "E" version and if you zoom in to 100% and navigate the fine weave of the fabrics ,I think its pretty well controlled . if its a result of high MP high resolution I dont know . or maybe Nikon has discovered some way around it ,again, I dont know.

I think that a little more care may be nessessary in setting up the shots ,but the samples I have seen from the "E" model speak for themselves .

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow