Suddenly Sigma is interesting again!

Started Feb 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
MOD Kendall Helmstetter Gelner Forum Pro • Posts: 19,884
Exactly!!!

Joe Pineapples wrote:

In the film days I had a Contax T as a high-quality, carry everywhere landscape / architecture camera. I loved it because it could produce prints up to the standard of a top 35mm SLR but fit in your pocket and attracted little attention. The new DP series compacts seem to offer the same promise, if the lens + sensor is good. I'm looking forward to some samples...

There is good reason to think the lens will be good, Sigma made excellent lenses for the original DP cameras and they will be able to employ similar fine-tuning for results from the new cameras.

It is fantastic to have a camera in your pocket that leaves you fully satisfied with results instead of wishing you had a bit more camera with you.

I just hope the increased size does not hamper pocketability much, it's a fair amount taller (though thankfully not much deeper which would have been worse).

The other good thing about the excess of resolution in the DP-1M is it makes it even more practical for architecture shots where you want to correct perspective in post.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow