highly confidential - Micro Four Thirds info

Started Feb 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Fullframer Contributing Member • Posts: 815
Re: Apocalypse Now! :)

chasfox wrote:

MadsR wrote:

amalric wrote:

What is impressive is how US is really the last of the industrial countries. The crush for C&N must have been absolute. That also explains why Oly folded its marketing there.

Well, I think µ4/3 is up against an entire culture here. Think about it, everything in US culture says "bigger is better", want a sports car?

Not necessarily.. In cameras, bigger is better for absolute image quality. M43/Nex, Nikon 1, are all far inferior to a big full frame DSLR, sorry that is just how it is. Yes, I have a M43, while it takes decent pics, doesn't compare to my D3S. It's a nice point and shoot, higher quality replacement (M43) only. I don't use it for my pro shoots or clients.

Put a bigger engine in a street car and there you go... Want to show off your status? Stretch your street car to 60 feet you get the point...

No, I've taken down and beatn many V8 sports cars with my little 4 cyl WRX STI... at the track

It is an uphill sales in US to get anyone to accept that you can get good quality out of a camera that is smaller than a Nikon D300,

For the best quality in a camera, size does matter (esp sensor size) The M43 or NEX aren't as good IQ wise when compared to the full frame DSLR D700/D3/D3S, let alone even the crop framed D7000.

even Nikon is doing it themselves, camera with bigger price must be bigger physically, even though there is no reason for a D7000 to be almost a cm bigger in every direction than a D5000,

The D7000 is bigger/heavier than D5000 because it has a bigger viewfinder, an autofocus motor in the body to drive the older legacy screw driver AF lenses from Nikon. It also has a partially metal body with 2 card slots, etc. So yes it will be bigger.. LOL! You really need to do research before coming to these conclusions.

a the sensor, though better, is not any bigger, the electronics are newer and actually smaller, the AF system is bigger, by a few mm... And this was even worse with the D300s compared to D90...

The D300S is bigger than the D90 because again, it has a bigger viewfinder, 100% coverage, and is a Pro body with a 100% metal build that is weather and dust sealed, >

Yes agree with this Nikon Mindset as I would have looked closely at buying a D700 if had not been bigger than the D90. They obviously thought that they needed to make it bigger to impress the punters and charge more than the D90

Hello.. the D700 is dust and water sealed pro metal body with a bigger viewfinder, so yes, it SHOULD be bigger than a D90, LOL!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
FFS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow