X10- Histogram Inaccuracy

Started Feb 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
LWW Contributing Member • Posts: 583
Re: X10- Histogram Inaccuracy

I suppose it all comes down to the way one works. I am happiest making judgements on exposure etc prior to consulting the camera, making the settings and then using the camera, if necessary as a confirmation. I find that most of the time I'm pretty close with my assessment and gives me a greater sense of control when I can include that with the less subjective processes of composition etc. Post processing also plays a part in the process and the camera isn't going to be too wise about that. Just the same as exposing BW film with a specific development process in mind to control contrast.

And I think that every camera needs some sort of callibration with your mind to get the best out of it. I know that the screen on my K5 is going to show dark even though the exposure is correct, so I have an understanding with it. Could probably adjust it somewhere but......

May not suit everybody but for me that is the craft of picture making, and I like it.

LWW's gear list:LWW's gear list
Sigma dp2 Quattro Sigma dp1 Quattro Sigma dp3 Quattro Sigma dp0 Quattro Pentax *ist D +34 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
LWW
LWW
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow