D800 - best budget lenses?

Started Feb 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
moving_comfort
moving_comfort Veteran Member • Posts: 8,242
Re: D800 - best budget lenses?

SiPat wrote:
From the D800 Brochure:

To best draw out the full potential that a 36.3 megapixel camera can offer, lens quality is of vital importance. Even subtle differences in optical performance make a difference when utilizing such a large pixel count. NIKKOR empowers photographers and cinematographers in every field, allowing them to better see the essence of their vision and render it as sharp as possible without sacrificing delicate tones or nuance.

From f/1.4 primes to fast f/2.8 zooms to f/4 zooms with VR, the latest line of NIKKOR lenses — many loaded with the renowned Nano Crystal Coat — is fully optimized to deliver the image quality the Nikon D800 truly deserves. Moreover, DX lenses can also be used for the D800: simply attach one and the camera automatically recognizes it and sets the required crop.

Translation: We, Nikon, hope to be able to convince you to buy our most expensive lenses to go with this wonderful body!

I think I'll pay attention to MTF scores and actual image output quality.

I'll bet the 20 2.8D at lower apertures, 50 1.8G, 85 1.8G, 180 2.8 AF-N and 300 f4 are more than up to the task.

-- hide signature --

Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

moving_comfort's gear list:moving_comfort's gear list
Pentax K20D Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
mee
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow