So, exactly how prevalent a problem will moire be with the D800E?

Started Feb 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Flat view
Baboobaht New Member • Posts: 8
So, exactly how prevalent a problem will moire be with the D800E?

Today I ordered a D800E, but I’m wondering now if I’d be better off changing my order to the D800.

I’m not a professional photographer. I don’t shoot any particular subject, nor do I shoot in any particular environment. Basically, I photograph whatever and wherever I like, and it will vary from day to day. I plan on buying good lenses for the camera. I like the idea of getting the sharpest photos possible. So, here are my questions:

First, how much sharper can the photographs from a D800E really be compared to the D800?

How often, realistically, might I encounter moire patterns when using this D800E?

Would moire patterns occur EVERY TIME you photograph from a distance something with repetitive patterns using the D800E? Or is it a phenomenon that requires many conditions to be just right for it to happen?

I’m also a bit concerned by the fact that getting rid of moire patterns and color aberrancy in photos like you might get from a D800E aren’t simple processes. They require MULTIPLE steps in Photoshop. Is this correct?

So, if you were in my shoes, would you change your order to a D800?

Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow