K-01 Isn't for most on this forum

Started Feb 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
jimrpdx
jimrpdx Veteran Member • Posts: 3,473
Re: K-01 Isn't for most on this forum

robbo d wrote:

Mostly one of the best threads in this forum...............

I can't see myself buying this, because I am a DSLR and compact guy. I don't do video, although that may change.

I am not a designer, soccer mum, wealthy, entry level, fashion follower kind of person, but there are plenty out there who are................and lots of them have money to spend!!! Ka-ching $$$............

Some current users will buy this..

I could be a 'some current user', with a couple of IFs thrown in.

My wife really like the yellow K-01. In our closet we have a matched pair of micro-43 cameras. She wants to learn to take 'better' pictures but wants us to shoot with the same gear, so we can compare 'identical' shots.

So, IF she can be convinced that the -01 and -5 are the same inside with slightly different controls, the 4/3 gear can go to funding her canary-yellow camera (more like goldfinch around here). And IF the budget can stretch a little, this can work; the two G1s and four lenses will not add to $800 that's for sure. We shall see..

-- hide signature --

Jim in Oregon -- http://granitix.blogspot.com
a/200 -> G1 -> K-5 & F550

jimrpdx's gear list:jimrpdx's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow