Friedman's book on A77/A65 is ready

Started Feb 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
garykohs
garykohs Veteran Member • Posts: 4,360
Gary's best book yet!

This is the 4th of Gary's books I've purchased and this is easily the best one yet. It's an indispensable tool for any owner of an a77 or a65.

I haven't taken the time to examine each of the "bells and whistles" of the a77 and Gary has done a great job of providing a description of each, together with recommendations - geared to an enthusiast - of when to use them and which ones to avoid.

I've learned a lot in the last six or so hours that I've spent with Gary's book. I think my greatest surprise is the realization of the incredible value of face recognition. That's a feature I've had turned off but I now realize it's going to make my task of shooting baseball team portrait shots next week a lot easier. Instead of focus and recompose or manually selecting a focus point over the face the a77 will do that for me. I'll get equivalent or better results and be able to shoot much quicker!

I do want to note one error, which Gary has already acknowledged via email. The a77 (and I assume the a65) does NOT force auto ISO - as the a55 does - when in the high speed (12 fps/10fps) mode. Nobody's perfect!

Kudos to Gary on a great book!
--
Gary

garykohs's gear list:garykohs's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Canon EOS-1D X Sony a77 II Canon EOS 7D Mark II Sony a99 II +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow