Who is the intended customer of the K-01

Started Feb 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Barry Fitzgerald Forum Pro • Posts: 29,888
Re: Sad reflection on Pentax forum users

citrontokyo wrote:

B

On the one hand, you say cameras are merely tools. On the other, you feel it important to stress how uncool-looking the camera is. So, which is it for you? The obvious answer is that you can't decide because you don't get it. It's not aimed at you, and it's something unfamiliar, so you have to write it off to make yourself feel better. In fact it makes you feel even better than that if you belittle the camera and those who it might appeal to.

It's only a camera I can mock it if I wish nobody is getting hurt

Yes ugly looks will put some folks off no question, most will walk away because of no VF.

It's the practical side where it falls apart and badly designed by a non photographer who can't possibly understand the needs of photographers. Just because something is different does not mean it's going to work.

Different strokes for different folks. It's a niche camera. No skin off your back. It's not a personal attack on you, so why do you care? When the reviews on image quality come out, and it turns out this "uncool" camera kicks a$$, all bets will be off because at the end of the day "even" designers and hipsters want to take awesome photos. (the horror!)

Pentax has spent long enough doing niche products without any real impact in the market. I see this as a waste of resources for the company, maybe they could have put some of that money towards re-fitting a new AF module in the K-r that works

Give it a rest, wait for the k-3, and don't be such a party-pooper.

Let's just see how it does I suspect it will get fairly weak reviews. I am certain it's going to be a flop sales wise.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow