Problems Using NIK Products AND LR3. Corrupt/Missing Files
Wondering if anyone else is experienceing either of these major problems I'm having using this popular software combo:
1) Firstly, whenever I work an image in SEP2 or CEP3 (and probably Viveza2), return to LR3, THEN do some additional work on the image, I get the following message: "There was an unknown error while writing metadata to this photo. Retry?" I'm then prompted to "Import settings from disk" which causes me to lose the second set of changes. This has been happening for the past few weeks.
2) Around 10% of all images I work on with NIK software are corrupted and lost. Typically what happens is that I'll work on a bunch of images from a job and then when I go to export them from LR3 I'll get some sort of message saying it wasn't successful or that the image is missing. This is incredibly frustrating as it usually manifests itself when I'm burning a client's final images to a disc. It means that I have to go and rework those images while guessing what the changes I'd made were. This has been happening for months.
I'm not sure if this is a Lightroom issue or a NIK issue, but either way, it's costing me a lot of time and has substantially reduced my motivation to use NIK products.
I believe that I have the current versions of both LR3 and the various NIK products.
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Feb 4, 2012|
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Race by mdbinasif|
from Your City - Kids Play
|Altaussee Austria by IFRPilot|
|Sunrise at Mono Lake by ed rader|
from My Best Photo of the Week