Who is the intended customer of the K-01

Started Feb 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Wellington100 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,698
Re: Who is the intended customer of the K-01

According to the designer, the customers are semi pro users, I thought he looked a little unsure when he said that and I can't see that being the case.

Katsura wrote:

I am curious of which user group Pentax had in mind for the K-01?

Let's see:

• Buyers migrating from a DC to an ILC, I think some will definitely be turned away by the size and design

• People who want a light/compact camera, forget it.

• DSLR users wanting a second body, maybe, only makes sense for K-mount users. And the lack of EVF is hurting it - With that size, might as well pack a K-r.

• Girls/ Woman users, I don't think many will be wooed by the look.

• Video shooters, maybe this will be a good prodcut for them - considering the lenses can AF track fast enough.

So, in the end, whom does Pentax intend to market this camera to?

I myself belong to the spare body category, If the body price will be (eventually) dropping to $500, AND that there is no replacement for K-R then, I will get one.

One of the biggest advantage of ILC is supposed to be more compact and lighter, K-01 is nether of that.

Eventually , the EVIL technology might one day surpass OVF and bring advanced shooting features and assists benefiting shooting. But we are not there yet, and the K-01 certainly don't have any of that.

So in the end of the day you gotta wonder what Pentax's product panning department had in mind.

BTW

-- hide signature --

S100, S6500, S5, F300, F200, F70, F11, F31 (deceased), Z5, V10, D40, EX1

Wellington100's gear list:Wellington100's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow