GPS O-1 with telescope
If a person had the proper adapter to mount a Pentax camera to a telescope that didn't have tracking functionality, would the GPS O-1 unit provide similar functionality as it does when just being used with body and lens alone?
In other words, does it work with a telescope?
The O-GPS-1 unit is able to tracking the stars a few dozen of seconds with a tele lens.
I played with this unit and my DA*200 (see here
With the 200mm lens the K5/gps was able to track the stars up to 1 minute. I performed some tests with a 300mm and I don't expect good results beyond 45s.
You have to be aware of that if you plan to use it with a telescope. I guess 500mm is roughly the minimal focal lengh of telescopes, so don't expect good results beyond 20-25s.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%