Who is the intended customer of the K-01

Started Feb 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Walt_A Senior Member • Posts: 1,945
Re: Who is the intended customer of the K-01

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

I don't know it looks to me like some brain storm session went horrible wrong and got the green light for some reason.

It's a camera without a viewfinder, not some Frankenstein monster.

I really don't think Jonathan Martin has a clue what he's talking about. Fashion market? Come on this isn't a catwalk or an "apple cool" must have product.
It's def not slick enough to be the Apple of the camera world

Can't comment on that I'm neither fashionable nor designer desirable. I will never buy an apple product, I have a small mobile phone and a netbook with a nice old keyboard and titling screen, rather than a iphone and ipad, so it's fair to say I'm not qualified to comment....

And this is the killer problem for Pentax. With the K-5 on such a good blow out deal right now, why on earth would you even look twice at the K-01? Go buy a K-5 instead

I agree at the moment, but I'm assuming the K-5 will be replaced soon after the K-01 hits the market and the new camera will return to £1K mark again. Then the K-01 will start dropping down to current K-r levels.

It's a camera that didn't know what it wanted to be from the start, bar a bit strange looking. I don't think Pentax actually knew what they wanted to do bar make a larger sensor mirror less camera. But rather than take Sony's direction (which I can't say I care for but it's at least slightly sane) they've simply ripped out the mirror and VF and left you with a half baked product.

Perhaps, but I guess they feel the designer is closer to what the target market wants, so why hire someone to do a job and then ignore his input. I'm assuming this costs less to produce than the K-r so if they sell at the same price then they've made more profit.

It's not even going to appeal to mirror less fans or EVF die hards! And it will be rejected by OVF fans too.

Yep, can't understand no evf, but I would point anyone back to my previous comments that I'm not fashionable..... I do know that non slr users (especially younger ones) that have picked up my dslr keep trying to take picture by looking at the rear lcd screen (and none of mine can do live view!).

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow