Puzzling memberships, input request

Started Feb 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Slynky Senior Member • Posts: 2,434
Re: Stats:/newbie question

I believe, depending on what you are looking for, you can try the:

• Beginners Questions;

• Samples and Galleries; and

• General Photo Techniques

If memory serves me correctly, Samples is a place where it is pretty common to post an image and ask for "C & C". Comments and Criticism. Comments and Critique. (choose your own "C" word...LOL). Some advice, I would post just one (maybe two) images and ask for C&C or a specific question like, "How would you crop this?", "Does this color look off?", "Is this too saturated?" (etc.). What I was always amazed at were the people who posted their whole gallery and asked for comments. You could sometimes read a smart-as $ reply to those people. Most times, requests like that just got ignored. People's time can be valuable to them so "drink from the well when you are thristy." Also, for example, post 2 or 3 photos that are of the same subject, maybe with different crops, etc. and ask people which they like the best and why.

Hope this helps.
--

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life".

(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

Slynky's gear list:Slynky's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow