Sorry to bore you, but I got an A77 today

Started Jan 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
EvilOne
EvilOne Forum Pro • Posts: 14,488
Re: Sorry to bore you, but I got an A77 today

Drew Mclaughlin wrote:

EvilOne wrote:

As far as the strap goes.........I carry two cameras with grips 4 batteries and two lenses. 22 lbs of cameras... IM 68 years old. I hike around 15/20 miles a week.. but I also do go to the gym 6 days a week. I run 4 miles a day 6 days a week

THE STRAP.... is very important. I use Black Rapid dual Harness.. there is no stress on the neck... you can buy a single black rapid strap , its the most comfortable strap, because the weight is on your shoulders, not your neck

Not cheap as far as straps go but for your age and experience I presume they are the way to go!! what camera setups do you run on yours?

-- hide signature --

I have several set ups.. its according to how I feel that day.. I usually run in the early morning, except when there is the chance of ice on the ground.. I get to the gym and finish my workout by 10 am.. then its a four mile drive over to my wildlife refuge.. 1200 acres of God's wonderland..

I always carry two cameras.. I sometimes bring a rolling cart that I made which carries flashed tripods, Camo enclosure.. folding seat, triggers, power pack, beamer, filters, etc and cant forget the toilet paper. LOL. Even with the cart, once I get in the woods, the cameras are on the harness, ready to go, with the cart in tow.

If I don't have the cart with me, I use Black Rapids dual Harness by itself. Ive been using my KM 7D with grip and a Macro lens.. either my Tamron 90 2.8, or I sometimes carry my Tamron 18-250 on that camera.. I also carry my A700 with grip with my Sony 70-200 2.8 G SSM with either the Sony 1.4 G series TC, or the 2X G series Sony TC. I will be semi retiring the KM7D, but not storing it away.... I will move the A700 to the back up role, and introduce the A77 with grip into the primary role.
Bill
Capturing memories, one at a time.

Visit my Smug Mug Galleries at:
http://evil-twin.smugmug.com/

EvilOne's gear list:EvilOne's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7Hi Nikon Coolpix 990 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow