Any downsides to Pana G1 w/14-45 lens?

Started Jan 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Michael J Davis
Michael J Davis Veteran Member • Posts: 3,648
Still using mine to enter in International exhibitions!

OneGuy wrote:

I recently bought a new GF1 w/20mm pancake and am very happy with it. Now I have an opportunity to buy a new G1 (yes, the original m4/3) and in the four reviews I read there is nothing but prize for the cam.

Except that these reviews are three years old and do not include much of the real world experience. Before I buy the G1 I wonder if there is a downside to them.

Okay, this one is red (and that's okay), but if you had some bad or quirky things happen, please post.

... and in some cases, getting accepted!

I'd like the speedier focussing and lower noise with the new G3, but otherwise, I'd recommend it. The 14-45 lens is great (and apparently better than the 14-42) and with your 20mm an excellent camera. - It was the promise of the 20mm that made me go for it in the first place, had to wait 9 months, but I've been v happy.

Mike
--
Mike Davis
Photographing the public for over 50 years
http://www.flickr.com/photos/watchman

Michael J Davis's gear list:Michael J Davis's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow