Canon EF 800 5.6 $8300 off? too good to be true? NOT according to Amazon

Started Jan 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
shine1 Junior Member • Posts: 47
Re: Canon EF 800 5.6 $8300 off? too good to be true? NOT according to Amazon

verbiage wrote:

Ah, but it's not Amazon, but all these other "ships from and sold by" guys: Norman Camera & Video, 17th Street Photo, Norman again, and PORTABLE GUY (sic) - oooh, I loooove my vendors in all caps!

There was another listing there this one time, for a 1D Mark III (no "s"!) for 8K "discounted" from five figures (mid-teens, if memory serves)... I cannot find it right now, but these guys will be happy to sell it to you for "just' 6,999.95

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-1D-Mark-III-Digital/dp/B000NP1C5O/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1327212507&sr=1-1

It is Amazon. Amazon puts the list price to the product pages. Other vendors just list on the product page. Amazon uses the inflated list prices for almost everything. Actually I came across a lightning deal around Christmas. Amazon as usual had set the list price to something ridiculous and also listed the product for sale for that day on this very high price. And for the lightning deal, they reduced it to the regular MSRP that you could also directly get from the manufacturer's page.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow