Any downsides to Pana G1 w/14-45 lens?

Started Jan 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
kenw
kenw Veteran Member • Posts: 6,016
All about price...

Panasonic did an amazingly good job with their first m43 camera, the G1. If the lack of video is not a problem for you then you will find it an excellent camera.

The 14-45 is a wonderful lens, and I would in general recommend it over the 14-42. Nice thing about the G1 is it comes with the 14-45.

The G1 is an older body, has an older sensor, no touch screen, EVF not quite as nice as the newest cameras. None of those things is a flaw, all together they do make the newer cameras feel a bit more refined. One plus compared to more recent cameras, it will use the same battery as your GF1.

Again, assuming video is not an issue, I'd take a G1+14-45 over a G2+14-42 for the same price.

So really, it comes down to what price you are getting. As someone else pointed out, be sure to include the price of the 14-45. If it is a good deal I'd say go for it.

I certainly don't think you'll be disappointed if you like your GF1.
--
Ken W
See plan in profile for equipment list

kenw's gear list:kenw's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Panasonic ZS100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus E-M5 II +29 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow