Review of the J1 and V1 are up

Started Jan 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 2,305
Re: Review of the J1 and V1 are up

I think you are something like me, in that I too believe $800 is a heck of a lot of money. But these days most people apparently do not think it is a lot. Two and three thousand dollar camera systems fly off the shelves.

But you should not discount the value of the camera by classifying it as many want to do. It is unique in a way that makes it very desirable, primarily because of the AF system, but to a lesser extent the advance in sensor technology that lets it perform above its head, so to speak. I think more and more parents and grand parents realize that children can only be children once, and they would like to have a few excellent photos to remember the times. Short of carrying a large DSLR around the V1, and perhaps the J1, is the only camera that can pretty much assure you will get well focused and colorful photos in active situations. So how much is that technology worth? To others, I'm not sure. It is worth $800+ to me.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow