Nikon Spanked By m4/3 in DPR Review?

Started Jan 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Brian Caslis
Brian Caslis Senior Member • Posts: 2,927
Re: You are 100% correct

Everdog wrote:

They've really failed to capitalize on the potential size advantage at this point though.

I just got back from BB where they have a Nikon 1 display and the J1 felt larger and heavier than the GF3, and the V1 felt very heavy and difficult to hold. I have no clue why they didn't stick a nice grip on them.

Sadly between the poor feel, the heaviness, and poor logicin auto mode, I can't recommend these to anyone right now.

My bet is the v2.0 version will fix the glaring problems. Also, their super zoom is ginormous! It is much bigger than the 2 m43 super zooms for some reason.

How can you recommend or not recommend unless you actually take pictures? You need to look at the 30-110 lens to understand comparing telephotos. It's tiny compared to any other 80-300 equivalent. The 10-100 is a specialized video lens. It's not meant to be compared to anything other than a silent zoom video lens.

Brian Caslis's gear list:Brian Caslis's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow