Nikon Spanked By m4/3 in DPR Review?

Started Jan 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
pendigital Regular Member • Posts: 272
I disagree.

Jorgen E wrote:

LincolnB wrote:

... but they were quite limited and specific in any praise. They did not like it as a general purpose camera nor as a 'downgrade' for current DSLR owners. Their recommendation was limited to P&S upgraders shooting fast moving objects in bright light. That's narrow.

Exactly. I know 4 people (5, incl myself) who has bought the V1. And guess what, we're all keen Nikon DSLR shooters, ranging from "keen amateurs" to "seasoned semi-pros". The review doesn't reflect this one bit, but rather focuses on how this camera will be "to hard to use/understand for Soccer Moms".

This review should have been split up in two separate parts -- J1 and V1.
They are NOT the same type of camera!
They do NOT attract the same type of customers!

-- hide signature --

Take care,
Jorgen

Probere necesse est.....

Nikon marketing is great. That is why Nikon DSLR owners are even considering the J1 or V1. I know zero pro's looking for a compact solution considering the J1 or V1. Frankly I've been using the Nikon system for longer than most posters here have been alive and between the super slow G evolution of the lens line and the introduction of plastic in what should be premium lenses I have been unimpressed by alot of Nikon's decisions for decades.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow