Nikon Spanked By m4/3 in DPR Review?

Started Jan 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
pendigital Regular Member • Posts: 272
I disagree.

Jorgen E wrote:

LincolnB wrote:

... but they were quite limited and specific in any praise. They did not like it as a general purpose camera nor as a 'downgrade' for current DSLR owners. Their recommendation was limited to P&S upgraders shooting fast moving objects in bright light. That's narrow.

Exactly. I know 4 people (5, incl myself) who has bought the V1. And guess what, we're all keen Nikon DSLR shooters, ranging from "keen amateurs" to "seasoned semi-pros". The review doesn't reflect this one bit, but rather focuses on how this camera will be "to hard to use/understand for Soccer Moms".

This review should have been split up in two separate parts -- J1 and V1.
They are NOT the same type of camera!
They do NOT attract the same type of customers!

Nikon marketing is great. That is why Nikon DSLR owners are even considering the J1 or V1. I know zero pro's looking for a compact solution considering the J1 or V1. Frankly I've been using the Nikon system for longer than most posters here have been alive and between the super slow G evolution of the lens line and the introduction of plastic in what should be premium lenses I have been unimpressed by alot of Nikon's decisions for decades.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow