Review of the J1 and V1 are up

Started Jan 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Brian Caslis
Brian Caslis Senior Member • Posts: 2,932
Re: Review of the J1 and V1 are up

webrunner5 wrote:

Oh come on. This thing is an expensive dud. No average person is going to buy one of these for $800.00. Most people take pictures with a cell phone now that would be targeted by this. Nikon is in the dark ages with this thing.

Nikon hasn't made a decent P&S type camera since the Coolpic 990. One of the best cameras ever made.

This is the blind spot all the critics on this forum miss. Do any of you go to retail stores? There are displays for the Nikon 1 everywhere that sell electronics. Big displays in Best Buy, Target, etc... Where I see it promoted the least is "traditional" camera stores. If someone doesn't live online I actually have a hard time buying something like a m4/3 camera. I see some nice displays sometimes for the NEX system. But I see a lot of fancy professional looking displays for the Nikon 1. I was amazed by the huge display they had at target.

I'll very interested in Nikon's next quarterly report, but I wouldn't be surprised if they sell a lot of these.

Brian Caslis's gear list:Brian Caslis's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow