Review of the J1 and V1 are up

Started Jan 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
HeavyDuty Senior Member • Posts: 1,838
Re: Review of the J1 and V1 are up

OK, I just finished a quick read of the review. Speaking as a V1 kit owner that bought same to supplement DSLR and Leica RF gear, these review phrases jump out at me:

"... But quite honestly, after waiting so long for a mirrorless camera from Nikon, we expected something more polished than the 1 System in its current form..."

I agree - this camera really needs to go back into the oven for a firmware rebake. Most of the annoying characteristics - auto image review, oddball auto ISO choices, F button that isn't assignable, no live histogram, etc. - could likely be handled very easily with a firmware update.

"... If you want to shoot moving subjects in good light with a small (ish) camera then the J1 and V1 really are the only game in town, at least as far as mirrorless models are concerned..."

Describes me to a T - my V1 is an everyday carry cam for when I don't plan to be shooting anything in particular. It's very competent at shooting action and just as good at urban landscape.

DPR, your score doesn't really match up with your comments. I think your scoring algorithm needs a rebake, too.

-- hide signature --
 HeavyDuty's gear list:HeavyDuty's gear list
Leica APO-Summicron-M 75mm f/2 ASPH Fujifilm X100S Canon XC10 Sigma dp0 Quattro Sony RX10 III +73 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow