Review of the J1 and V1 are up

Started Jan 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Clayton1985 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,329
Re: Review of the J1 and V1 are up

Exactly. The assessment of each individual area is mostly fair and reasonable. It is the weighting and value placed on each of these that misleads the potential buyer. IMO, the metering, focus speed, color, image quality, lens image quality, battery life and build quality should carry significantly more weight than others. However, use the GF3 as a comparison and you will see that the GF3 scored a 71 with the biggest advantages in video and "value". I've owned both cameras and for me these scores aren't close to my real world experience. I'm not faulting the review since you have to use a system and try to be consistent but it would be beneficial to select from a list of important criteria and have the results weighted accordingly.

I do agree with a few of the negative findings - CDAF performance is so so, autoISO needs a min shutter speed, and a programmable f button is needed.

I wouldn't, however, change to another mirrorless system because of any of the above. The only reason I could envision changing systems in the future would be it became obvious that Nikon was not supporting the system with the needed improvements and especially if new lenses aren't coming out fast enough.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow