Review of the J1 and V1 are up

Started Jan 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
PerL Forum Pro • Posts: 14,049
Re: I don't get the 1 System at all

Telefoto wrote:

As a DSLR shooter who has not tried the 1, I am simply scratching my head over what Nikon is doing here at the beginning of the second decade of the 21st century. They had a rough 2011, I get that, but these market moves make no sense to me. A point and shoot camera that can't be easily shot manually, yet costing $800? A camera prone to blurry, low shutter speed images in indoor scenarios that probably account for 80% of all P&S picture taking globally? A camera with a much smaller sensor than the competition is supposed to attract educated shoppers in a well defined market segment? I had absolutely zero interest in the 1 when it was announced, and the more I learn about it, the more scared I am for Nikon's future. They apparently haven't noticed how fast the P&S market is being destroyed by smart phones?

Well, what I value as DSLR user in a compact is a) built in viewfinder b) fast AF-C and fps) c) good metal build. There is only one such camera - the Nikon V1.
--
http://dslr-video.com/blogmag/

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow