Review of the J1 and V1 are up

Started Jan 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
nboyer Veteran Member • Posts: 5,130
Re: Fair Conclusion...

While I would agree that the conclusion is fair, I would not say that overall it would lead someone to say, "I really got to have one." I bought it the day that I became available and paid FULL price. This far, I've had some mixed emotions. Aside from being a Leica and m43 shooter, I decided to buy the entire Nikon 1 V1 kit as my curiosity was piqued. I currently favor shooting my V1 with the Voigtlander 40/2 SLII lens. The results are very nice printed to 16x20. While not as crisp as prints from my Sony A65 (no surprise given 10MP vs. 24MP), there is a certain intangible look from the V1 that I really like. The white balance and skin tones are very natural. Surprisingly, ISO800 looks remarkably good (LR3 conversion). The real tipping point for me on which system to eventually sell off (m43 or Nikon 1) will be how good the OM-D turns out to be. Cheers. -Norm

TEBnewyork wrote:

Haven't made it through the whole review but the conclusion seems very fair

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikonv1j1/

nboyer's gear list:nboyer's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon Coolpix A Canon PowerShot G7 X Leica X (Typ 113) Leica M8.2 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow