More Peak District sunrises with the E5

Started Jan 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP g0wex Senior Member • Posts: 1,173
Re: Interesting effect with reverse ND grad

J4Hug wrote:

Great images as usual and well worth the lung-busting trek to get them. Thanks for posting.

I really like the effect of using that filter rather than a normal ND grad, however looking at pictures of the filter (I don't have one ... yet) it looks as if you are very dependent upon a straight (bright) horizon. I imagine it is harder to use than a normal ND grad
--
Jerry

Thanks Jerry

You do have to be a little careful when using the reverse grad but as they have a hard transition it is very easy to position the filter and using 'live view' also helps to judge the effect, there can be some darkening of objects covered by the dense portion but it doesn't take too much work the lighten it again in PS, the fact that you use the filter when the sun is just breaking the horizon makes this area lighter anyway, if you take this into consideration when composing your shot you shouldn't have a problem, I'm finding this filter an absolute joy to use, it makes shooting sunrises and sunsets a breeze

Cheers Steve

g0wex's gear list:g0wex's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow