X10: Image-Stabilization comparison

Started Jan 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Flat view
Timur Born
Timur Born Senior Member • Posts: 4,612
X10: Image-Stabilization comparison

Since the subject of "bad" Image-Stabilization of the X10 comes up repeatedly I shot a quick comparison. Keep in mind that I am not an experienced photographer and have no particularly steady hands.

This example shows 5 shots with IS "off" and IS "continuous" (1), each shot within just a few seconds of each other. Camera was handheld with upper arms pressed slightly on my body and elbows at around 90° (allowing me to compose via the screen).

100% crops, L size, ISO 1600, F 4.0, 112 mm (fully zoomed in!), 1/4 second. Sharpening "Standard", Noise-reduction "M-Soft".

I chose 1/4 second because that is what Fuji chose as the upper limit for exposure time based (EXR) DR 200/400 and thus seems to find manageable by the IS. I tend to agree.

Timur Born's gear list:Timur Born's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +3 more
Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow