DPREVIEW: no AF or metering testing?
While all the rigorous ISO, dynamic range, resolution, etc. testing that each and every DSLR goes through before it's reviewed on this site, why haven't they implemented a way to test camera's metering and autofocus? They simply compare specs. I would think creating a variety of studio scenes, artificially lit, could put the metering system through a good test. Something similar could be done for autofocus, with moving subjects, etc.
Autofocus and Metering represent a large part of any DSLR, yet they don't appear to be tested anywhere near as much as pixel peeping at high ISOs (which take up many pages in a review).
Just my 2c.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%