Post an M43 photo you are proud of and tell us why.

Started Jan 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Bob Tullis Forum Pro • Posts: 33,639
Proud to break out of usual habits

For me µ4/3 wasn't only about weight v IQ. Chasing landscapes for about a decade as I learned how to expose and develop, I was getting a bit bored with it. This format let me walk the city streets feeling less conspicuous, with more energy in reserve after a few hours on my feet, and hence more comfortable through feeling invisible and able to drop into the zone where the muse is most engaged.

This shot was a great departure from the norm, and basically jazzed me for noticing it. In the Hayden Planetarium I was working out with the camera, but it was more 'practice' with no significant subject to speak of. Stepping back in a corner to take a break, eventually looking straight up through the support system of the glass walls. . .

Not long after that, I was about Lincoln Center one day, and walked into a Fordham U. park. A fantastic sculpture was there, and with no one about I spent some 20 minutes working the site, but I knew (for background distractions, at least) none were really what I hoped for. I returned about a 1/2 hour later, as it bugged me. While I felt the gate in the b/g was a distraction, I hit upon this compromise composition and cast care about the highlights to the wind. . . as a departure from the norm, I was quite proud for making the extra effort.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com

"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Sony RX1R II Sony Alpha a7R II Fujifilm X-T2 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
odl
odl
odl
odl
odl
yyr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow