Question About Canon 7D and Canon 60D

Started Jan 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kcamacho11 Senior Member • Posts: 1,529
Question About Canon 7D and Canon 60D

I have been a Nikon user for years and have had many different Nikon DSLR's. I currently have a D7000 today.

On the other hand, I have a buddy of mine who just bought himself a Canon 7D and he brought it to my office to show it to me. I don't know if it was the camera itself or the kit 28-135mm lens it brought, but when we started taking some photos to test it out, I didn't think they were sharp at all.

I had my D7000 handy, put on a 18-55 kit lens that my sister has, and started taking pictures of the same objects the 7D was with the same F stop, same Shutter speed and ISO to compare the sharpness...and for some reason, the pictures looked sharper on my D7000 than the 7D. Even my friend noticed it himself.

Which took me back to when my sister had her Canon 60D a year ago, I noticed the same issue. We both had went on a cruise, she took her 60D and I took my D5000 at the time...took pictures of the trip and when we got back and popped the pictures up on the computer, you could easily tell that the pics of my D5000 were sharper than hers. Mind you, at that time I didn't have the knowledge I have today about DSRL's and how to properly take pictures, and neither did she. We both were shooting in Program Mode most of the time.

My question is, is there a sharpness setting tweak you have to do on Canon cameras when you get them or something? I was not impressed at all, and it couldn't have been a coincidence that both my friend's new 7D and my sister's new 60D had the same issues.

Have you guys ever picked up a Canon DSLR to shoot with, being Nikon users and noticing this same issue? Is there a sharpness setting tweak you gotta do on Canon cameras when you get them to solve this?

Thanks!

Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 7D Nikon D5000 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow