Lens Kit for Travel to Asia

Started Dec 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kjbkix Regular Member • Posts: 230
Lens Kit for Travel to Asia

Hey All,

I'm traveling to Asia for work in late January. Stops will include Tokyo (3 days), Hong Kong (5 days) and Singapore (4.5 days). Since Tokyo will require dressing for winter temperatures, and Singapore for summer temperatures, I'm already going to be packed heavily with all clothing varieties. Therefore I'm hoping to be able to cut down on my photography kit if possible.

Hoping there are some locals or people familiar with those cities here to help me out!

Current Kit (on 7D):
Canon 15-85
Sigma 8-16
Canon 100-300 (cheapy used thing, would happily upgrade)
Sigma 50 1.4
Canon 24 1.4L II
Canon 100 2.8 Macro

Off the top of my head I'm thinking of definitely leaving home the macro, but not sure on the rest. Might try to do either the 24 or the 50, but they're small enough to take both. Bigger concern is for tele - the 100-300 is awful but i got it used for $100 after not finding the 70-200 f4L non-IS versatile enough (due to no IS), but just wanting something in that range. I'm thinking about spending some xmas bonus money on either a Sigma 70-200 2.8 OS or Canon 70-200 f4 IS - Of those I'm leaning towards the Sigma, and that would be a significant weight increase to my pack. So the only question is whether to get it for this trip, or wait til after if you think I can make due with 85 as the longest focal length.

Thanks in advance, and happy new year!

-Kyle

kjbkix's gear list:kjbkix's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +7 more
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow