7D Sharpness - disatissfied

Started Dec 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
Martin Ocando
Martin Ocando Veteran Member • Posts: 5,626
Re: Activate AF point display on preview

It does, but you can get really frustrated if you try to use a Pro level DSLR as a point and shoot. Is not designed to be used that way. There are just too many settings already set as the way the Pros use them, that you'll find yourself struggling to find a completely auto mode that takes good pictures fast and easy.

Rebels have all kind of scene modes to help converts in the process, but you won't find those on the 7D.

Keep asking, and we'll keep helping.

Cheers

TimPATL wrote:

These last few posts have been extremely helpful - thank you so much! It's back to the drawing board on focus.

The Rebel was so easy - point and shoot and I guess it's simplicity ensured a good output. I didn't expect to have to work so hard for casual pictures to be good and vs. Nikon, I'd always heard that the Autofocus on Canon ruled the business.
--
TimP in ATL (& sometimes the UK)

-- hide signature --

Martin Ocando
-------------------------

Martin Ocando's gear list:Martin Ocando's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
irm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow