VF3: I am not impressed

Started Dec 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bluevellet Senior Member • Posts: 2,747
VF3: I am not impressed

Got a VF3 for Xmas. After playing with it, I'm very underwhelmed by it.

Everything you can say about an EVF applies with the VF3 (framing, natural form of stabilization, shield you from the sun, etc), but why is it so low-res with the VF3? Everything is pixelated. Contrasts are also screwed up. The world is quite frankly ugly looking through it.

My VF3 is plugged to my E-P3 and compared to the OLED screen on that camera, it's no contest. Considering its price and extra bulk, I find the VF3 gives one little incentive to be used.

The VF3 represent my first actual experience with a EVF on mirrorless (used them before on older generation of compacts). I remember being tempted by the Panasonic G3 at one time (very few stores carry it in my area) and was ready to make a leap of faith based on reviews, but if EVF quality would have been the same, I think I would have been disappointed (probably more so if I were stuck with the extra bulk of the G3).

bluevellet's gear list:bluevellet's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon 85mm F1.8G Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Olympus 8mm F1.8 Fisheye Pro +17 more
Olympus PEN E-P3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow