My Best AF settings for D7000

Started Dec 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
iseeu Contributing Member • Posts: 845
Re: Many reasons

Mako, thanks for your opinion, maybe I will try to use it for the time being, especially in this holiday season I don't want to send it to Nikon Canada, we'll see after new year. I tested it on tripod, live view mode focus correct, other than that back focus, I shoot 3 boxes of Tissue Paper (not charts).

Mako2011 wrote:

iseeu wrote:

Mako, I have some questions for you, I just bought a D7000 with the kit lens 2 days ago, after I checked all my lenses (24-70mm, Sigma 85mm, 50mm 1.8 AF-S) all have BF problems mostly at -15, is it ok just keep using it with the micro adjustment ON, or is it better to send it to Nikon to fix the problems? looks like you are the right person to ask. Thanks.

Before you decide...how are you testing? No disrespect but sometimes it seems indoor close focus type testing doesn't always result in an accurate reading. Be sure. That said, if -15 works with all you're lens and shooting situations...then a calibration by Nikon back to "zero" won't hurt. That would be my preference if I was 100% sure about the adjustment. I might even barrow another lens to be sure. But, there is something to be said for results that get you what you want as it is now with a -15. The camera is operating within tolerances...assuming good testing. Good Luck!!!

iseeu's gear list:iseeu's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow