S100: for the Point-&-Shooter, or not?

Started Dec 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
OP (unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 14,097
Re: PanaNewbie

VisionLight wrote:

By the way, I really enjoy your images and the "style" they evoke. Can tell that you, like me, have been doing this a long time (though I'm sure we are both VERY YOUNG.)

Thank you for your kind words! Yes, for a very long time: 5+ decades. My dad was a pro but I didn't develop an interest in photography until after he retired and sold three Halliburton camera cases full of Nikon cameras, lenses, flashes, etc. Go figure!

On the first day I joined here, I actually answered your post about iContrast (as well as other posts in other threads) with an involved analysis of my findings about the feature. The next day, none of my posts were there. Through feedback, found out there was a glitch in the system and that my writings were neither posted nor saved in any way.

Yeah, that's happened to me too. For long posts, I often write them in NotePad first...but never, it seems, when a glitch happens.

Thanks so much for the info on iContrast. I use it sparingly because it increases the ISO (though auto-iContrast isn't that bad). It's similar to Highlight Tone priority on Canon Digital DSLRs. Had some discussions about it when I first got my XSi. A lot of wedding photographers use HTP when shooting subjects like a bride in a white wedding gown; picks up a lot of the subtitles.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow